Banner - 2o2o Contact Training DVD

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Weave Training - Kind of....

Well, I had planned to do some weave training with Ru this evening, but after feeling not so well today, watching a puppy, teaching a few classes - I'll admit, the thought of coming home and just cuddling up with the dogs won out over training.

I have however, dug up a soft tug toy that I'm comfortable throwing (i.e. won't break a window if I'm indoors) and yet I can still tug with my girl.

I also started my beginner dogs on the basic "going through the gate" on weave work and I have to admit, I'm jealous. Dan and Burton did GREAT and Burton is far more driven than Ru is...I'll need to figure out - is it me not quite working enough drive with Ru, or is is Burton outdoors just thrilled with going after treats?

Tomorrow I'll do a test on both, indoors, and let you know! Then I'll move the experiment outdoors and...let you know!

In the meantime, sleep well and I'm off to care for my stuffy nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment