Banner - 2o2o Contact Training DVD

Friday, May 1, 2009

Class Course - April 29, 2009

I like to keep my clients challenged and will often change up a course style to help accomplish this. Some weeks we do tons of running, some weeks micro handling and others a combination of both.

This week we mainly worked on #1 - #6 and immediately my clients thought I was cruel to set up such a thing.

After working all of the potential ways this sequence could be handled, I showed them a very unique and easy way to handle this sequence - it was definitely the "Lisa Special" and my clients were amazed and thrilled to be trying something completely new.

While I won't be letting the cat out of the bag on this one publicly, I'm thinking of taking some time to video the maneuver and post it on a password protected page on my website for my current students.  Yeap, the maneuver IS sweet!

OK, back to the other things we worked on.  Here are the various exercises that are WONDERFUL to practice with your dogs:
  • F/C between 2&3 with a R/C between 5&6
  • F/C between 2&3 with a F/C between 5&6 (watch that #1 jump!)
  • Push to 2, R/C between 3&4 and keep dog on right to 6
  • F/C between 2&3, F/C between 4&5 and R/C to 6 (lots of work, but a good drill exercise)
There's quite a bit more, tell me what else you came up with.



No comments:

Post a Comment