Banner - 2o2o Contact Training DVD

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Training Plan/Log - Intro

My husband and I joined a gym a while back and I've been working toward getting back in the groove of working out.  I like free-weights & weight machines, but I don't have the desire to remember all of the weight numbers or reps I'm working at for each of the machines or exercises I do.

Sounds lazy, I know, but several things come into play 1) I don't want to reinvent the wheel each time I return to a machine, 2) I often change up my workout plan/exercises based on my goals (who can remember what poundage I did last week), 3) I have both daily, weekly and long-term goals (i.e. lots of numbers & information to already track in my head)  and more importantly, 3) I just want to plug my ipod in, veg out and then get on with my busy day.

To help me track it all and to free up my mind to focus on the tasks at hand, I bought a cute & small pink sparkly covered note pad.  The sparkles were a bit of an indulgence, but hey, gotta have some fun while sweating!  With this book, I can track the type of exercise, the weights & repetitions used on it and more.

You might be wondering what this has to do with Dog Training.  Well, all of the points above are true for the time I spend with my dogs.  1) Not reinvent the wheel, 2) often change plan/exercises based on goals, 3) daily, weekly & long-term goals, and 4) I just want to be in the moment with my dog.

Over the next several weeks, I'm going to discuss the Training Plan/Logs that I use and I'll share a few of my goal sheets as well.  I've spent the last 5 years on this plan and you'll have an opportunity to help me finalize a few things that I'm sure will be helpful in your life as well.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment