Saturday, June 26, 2010
Courses - Maine Sat Exc JWW
* Quite a few small dogs started off by heading in to the wrong side of the tunnel. That's a heck of a way to start a run, but handlers recovered quickly and moved on.
* Some dogs pulled off of #3 when handlers began moving early to handle obstacles #4 on.
* Jump #4 went down a lot. I suspect the speed coming from the tunnel added to it as well as dogs accelerating in anticipation of the off-course #16 jump, and then having to abruptly change direction to head toward #5
* The #8 tunnel didn't give anyone trouble.
* The surprise problem on this course was the #10 jump! Dogs were pulling in and going from #9, past #10 on the upper part of the course and heading toward #11. For some dogs, a push and/or a bit of support to #10 was needed.
* Great weave poles by a ton of dogs!
* After #16, if handlers didn't check their dog's head and pull them in just ever so slightly, they went over the off-course #4 jump.
* Teams out here had solid sends down the straight finish line.
Great job everyone!!!