Banner - 2o2o Contact Training DVD

Thursday, September 16, 2010

2on-2off DVD - Where are we at?

My last several weeks have been devoted to my 2on-2off DVD, which has definitely been a labor of love.

As I'm quickly figuring out, the challenge with a DVD is that it lacks the instant feedback a personal lesson has to offer. But at the same time, it's imparting a huge piece of informative knowledge on the overall direction.

The 2on-2off concept is simple and straight forward, but it does require an eye for understanding what is happening and the direction the training should be heading toward.

While trying to share all of this factual and intuitive knowledge, my concern is that the video will appear too detailed or worse yet, not detailed enough. Trying to decide where to start and stop the knowledge has been a challenge and I'm going to have to come to terms with the fact that some subjects (i.e. training a release) really need to be left as a topic all of their own to be discussed on another day.

At any rate, the DVD is coming along great and I'm very proud of the product so far. Just 2 more chapters to go and it will be available for download as well as being sent off to have professional DVDs made.

1 comment:

  1. WHOO HOOOO!!! Just the fact that you are really thinking of these concerns and paying attention....I bet it will be a FANTASTIC learning aid. My "puppy" just turned a year and we are getting ready to put everything together now, all these agility obstacles...including finishing up the contacts so I am really looking forward to your DVD!--Kathy and Cricket/Liz/Breeze

    ReplyDelete